Thanks for visiting Chapter 168 in Dallas, Texas
We are an association of people in the Dallas area who have a broad interest in aviation, including factory certified and home-built aircraft. Many of our members have built and fly their own aircraft. Chapter 168 is very active and plans several events each month for our members. Our monthly chapter meeting, held on the first Tuesday of each month, features an aviation speaker. We also plan monthly breakfast or lunch fly-ins at area airports, as well as other social gatherings. Our meetings are open to the public and we welcome guests. Please check the event calendar for the next meeting time and date. We hope to see you there!
We are now meeting at American Flyers at Addison Airport, 4650 Airport Parkway, Addison, TX 75001. We’re looking forward to this change in venue and the opportunities it brings.
We are very grateful to the staff of the Farmers Branch Manske Library for the many years of support they gave our Chapter.
Elite Airways is adding EAA AirVenture charter flights to and from Appleton International Airport from three cities.
Elite Airways is offering limited flights from FW Meacham to Appleton, WI during Airventure. Seats are $299.00 each way. Visit their site here for more information and to book your seats! Elite operates CRJ-200s and -700s with 50 or 70 seats.
- Saturday, June 8 – 8:30am ACE Academy Young Eagles Event. On Saturday JUNE 8th, we are having our annual Young Eagle event with the Ace Academy Students at the Dallas Executive Airport (RBD) The Ace Academy is a week-long summer camp for high school age students looking at a career in Aviation. At the end of the week, we take them on their first Young Eagle flight. They are sponsored by the Black Pilots Association and are a great group of young aspiring pilots. We can always use help from Chapter members.
We will start flying around 9am. We are usually finished before 11am.
- Saturday, June 22 – 10:00am Chapter Picnic. The annual Chapter 168 summer picnic will be at Shortstop airport in Farmersville hosted by Mel and Ann Asberry. (MAP)
Come as early as 10 am. Lunch will be around noon. As usual the main meat, drinks, and all utensils/paper goods will be furnished by the EAA Chapter and the Asberrys. If you wish to bring something to add, a side dish or a dessert would be welcomed. Call Ann if you have any questions (972) 784-7544. If you plan to fly in, please be up on your short field techniques. Unicom is 122.725; runway is 17/35 with left hand patterns. The field is only 1500 feet. The approaches are clear, no powerlines or trees with a railroad on the south end. Observe the railroad east and west to see if a train is approaching. Do not land until the train has passed the runway. If landing runway 17, watch for cars on the road. If you plan on flying, give Mel a call (972) 784-7544, and get the airfield condition report. Rain has an effect on parking. It is also helpful if you have any special requirements. Plus, we will know how many aircraft to expect.
- Tuesday, July 9 – 6:00pm Chapter Planning Meeting. Unless otherwise noted, Chapter Planning Meetings occur one hour prior to the regular Chapter Meetings. All are invited to attend.
- Tuesday, July 9 – 7:30pm Chapter Meeting. Tom Travis will discuss the C-47 That’s All Brother, which will have flown in D-Day celebrations in Europe.
- July 22-28 – Airventure in Oshkosh. Hope to see you there!
Please refer to the calendar and newsletter for other events.
EAA Chapter Videos
View previous Chapter Videos at the Chapters Channel of the EAA video page.